Espresso Honey Beef Brisket
This beef brisket is unbelievably good. It's tender and packed full of flavour. You need to make it!
1.3-1.5kg of beef brisket
1 red onion roughly sliced
3 cloves garlic sliced
4 TBSP tomato paste
1 400g can of diced tomatoes
250ml orange juice
250ml of stock (beef, veg, chicken - whichever you have)
2 TBSP of ShortHive Espresso Honey
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
Spices (however much you like)
1. Preheat oven to 130c
2. In an oven-proof casserole dish, brown your brisket on both sides, then allow to rest on a plate to the side.
3. To your hot pan, add the garlic and onion. Allow it to caramelise and soften.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, orange juice, bone broth, ShortHive Honey, and Worcestershire sauce. Add your meat back in.
5. Generously top the meat with your spices of choice.
6. Place the lid on, and pop in the oven for around 6ish hours - until the meat
7. shreds easily!
8. Once soft, shred with two forks through the sauce
9. Turn the oven up to 180c and place the brisket back into the oven with the lid off for about an hour until caramelised and delicious!!
For our family of four, we can often get 3-4 meals out of this brisket. We use it in tacos, on homemade pizza or in a pasta bake. It's delicious and so versatile!