Forget that sugar-filled sweet chilli sauce and switch it out for this easy homemade version using our habanero chilli honey! Perfect for dipping crispy sweet potato fries or using in a fresh stirfry.
- 1/2 cup Chilli Honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 minced garlic cloves (use 1 if you don't like a strong garlic flavour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and stir until cornstarch has dissolved
- Bring mixture to boil and then simmer on low for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened
- Let mixture cool before pouring it into your favourite jar and storing in the fridge!
* If you are going to use the mixture in cooking right away, there is no need to let it cool. This sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to four weeks.
If you make this recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @Short_Hive and use #ShortHive so we can see your creation!