- 1 round of brie cheese
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ShortHive Chai Honey
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Additional honey for drizzling
- 1 crusty baguette, sliced
Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- Prepare: Prepare a baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Shape: Cut off edge of puff pastry to create a square.
- Place the wheel of brie on top of the puff pastry sheet.
Add honey: Drizzle 1 tablespoon of Chai Honey over the exposed side of the brie, spreading it evenly to cover the surface.
Wrap in puff pastry: Fold the pastry over the brie, completely enclosing it and sealing the edges. Trim any excess pastry if needed.
Bake the brie: Transfer the wrapped brie onto the parchment-lined baking dish. Brush the top and sides of the pastry with a beaten egg for a golden finish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry turns golden brown and flaky.
Toast the pecans: In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the chopped pecans in butter for a few minutes until fragrant and lightly golden. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
Serve: Once the baked brie is golden and deliciously puffed, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly. Transfer it to a serving platter and sprinkle the toasted pecans over the top. Finish with an additional drizzle of Chai Honey.